In the days and weeks following the death of our babies, we recieved so many beautiful and thoughtful flower arrangements arriving at our doorstep. I balled with each.and.every delivery. Sadness crept in no matter how gorgeous, it was a reminder. Through the sadness I felt gratitude that so many people had us in their thoughts and they took the time to stop and touch us with their kindness. I wanted to do something with some of the flowers and had remembered a friend of mine had some roses from a special and memorable event made into a rosary.
I found this website www.keepsakerosaries.com
I chose some pink roses my mom brought to me in the hospital for the rosary for Annaleise, and white roses my family ordered for the memorial service for the rosary for Lincoln. Doing this was important for Jason and myself. We wanted something religiously oriented, but not too Jesus centered (if this makes sense to anyone else but us). I also didn't want to let all those flower go to waste even tho we did end up drying most of them and putting them in a box in our memory tote.
When they come in I will be sure to post and include a picture. Unfortunately it will take 7 to 10 months for them to be made and sent back. I guess hand rolling flowers into beads takes awhile ;0)
No comments:
Post a Comment