Right now we are in limbo, right in the space in between. Since our wedding in September of 2009, we have either been trying to get pregnant or pregnant. Right now we aren't either, it is a weird place to be.
We aren't ready right now, I think we both are in need of some healing. Yes, we have a overwhelming feeling of wanting to make things how they were, the thing is that it will never be how it was or how it was suppose to be. Our desires right now, I feel at least, are in the realm of replacing what was lost. That feeling is so wrong for us and is slightly heartbreaking. They can never be replaced. Until we are ready to move forward and "have more" instead of just having children to fill the void, here we wait.... in limbo, not trying and not pregnant. We are going to reassess in August and see how we feel.
Our infertility is the wild card in all of this. We know we have issues and it will take awhile (if at all) to have children on our own without assistance. But there is that chance it ::could:: happen, which is why we are trying NOT to get pregnant. I know, odd concept.
I think it's wise that you both follow your hearts on this one. If you're not ready, then you're not ready.
ReplyDelete