Monday, October 18, 2010

I hate insurance company business

Well, my husband and I found out that as of January 1st, our infertility coverage goes from 25K to 10K.  In Infertility speak, that comes out to us losing 1 IVF cycle and a FET cycle, 1 IVF cycle and 3 IUI cycles, or about 6 and a half IUI cycles.  Yeah we are being screwed thoroughly by the health care reform bill.  Apparently in order to conform with the new laws, the company needs to reduce other benefits.  In our case, my husbands insurance carrier is choosing to slash the Infertility lifetime max in more than half. I guess we can consider ourselves "lucky", the insurance company let us know of our luck that we live in a state that requires some sort of Infertility coverage because they could have taken it away altogether. Yay, I held back from thanking them for their kindness.  I hate big business.  Right now, we have used half of that. We have enough money for 2 IUI cycles......  Heartbroken.  We are hoping that we can sneak in an IVF before the deadline.  In that case, as of January 1st I would have reached my maximum and all procedures will be out of pocket. I feel as though I am fighting a never ending battle where I'm screwed if I do and I am screwed if I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment